This is a very easy recipe, three ingredients and the dough is quickly made up.
300g Plain Flour
200g Softened Butter
100g Granulated/Caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160’C,325F or Gas mark 3
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the bowl
- Mix well until a dough is formed (I take my rings off and bring together with my hands.)
- Roll out the dough gently on a smooth floured surface to a thickness of 4-6mm
- Cut out approx. 10-15 shapes using biscuit/pastry cutters
- Put the shapes on the prepared baking tray; leave them in the fridge to chill for 20 mins. (The dough need to firm up or they will spread during the cooking)
- Take the tray out of the fridge and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown
- Leave to cool, sprinkle a little caster sugar and bring to Allotment Table on a Sunday morning. Let us Enjoy!